Sumary of A former nurse says she quit her job to become a sex worker because she wanted to help patients with disabilities and special needs:
- A woman says she quit her job as a nurse to become a sex worker in Amsterdam.
- Karin, 57, told Insider that her former job made her want to help patients who have “needs.
- “When I’m working, I don’t dress like this,” Karin, a sex worker from the Netherlands, tells me over coffee in Amsterdam’s Red Light District (RLD).
- The center is run by sex workers who want to inform the public about sex work in the Netherlands and to end the stigma that surrounds it, according to its website.
- The Prostitute Information Centre in the Red Light District, where the interview took place.
- Mikhaila Friel/Insider Eight years ago, Karin tells me, she quit her job as a nurse to become a sex worker.
- Karin says being a nurse inspired her to become a sex workerKarin’s former job as a district nurse involved treating patients at their homes and others who resided in nursing homes.
- She said that she “noticed that there were patients who had mental or physical disabilities, but they also had their needs like the next man.