Sumary of Africa: Africa Must Collaborate to Eliminate HIV/Aids By 2030 – Buhari:
- We further commit to urgently translating all new and agreed Political Declarations into country action, as a means of decisively addressing the HIV epidemic in the African region..
- President Muhammadu Buhari has urged African leaders to work together towards eliminating the scourge of HIV/AIDS on the continent by the year 2030..
- Mr Buhari spoke on Tuesday at a United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) High-Level Meeting on HIV\AIDS, to review the progress on commitment to end the deadly disease by 2030 and provide recommendations to guide and monitor response in countries..
- “We will continue to work with fellow Heads of State and Government across the continent to ensure sustained high-level political engagement in achieving these goals..
- “I want to reiterate Nigerian Government’s full support for a clear and ambitious Common African Position &.
- New Political Declaration that can help to reduce the public health threat of HIV/AIDS, strengthen resilience to end the disease, and in addressing current &.
- “We further commit to urgently translating all new and agreed Political Declarations into country action as a means of decisively addressing the HIV epidemic in the African region.”.
- Apprising the meeting of Nigeria’s response to control the disease, the President was also said to have expressed delight that the country “has moved from a data-poor to a data-rich country with the results of the largest AIDS Indicator and Impact Survey, conducted in 2018.”…