Sumary of AHA News: 7-Day-Old’s Skin Felt Cold, She Wouldn’t Eat and Cried in Agony. It Was Her Heart.:
- THURSDAY, July 22, 2021 (American Heart Association News) — Throughout Laney Lyon’s 1-week birthday, small signs indicated something was wrong.
- , the cardiologist said several things were wrong with Laney’s heart.
- ” Heart defects are the most common type of birth defect, affecting about 40,000 babies each year in the United States.
- Laney had a coarctation of her aorta, a narrowing that reduced blood flow to her body, a defect affecting about 1 in 1,800 babies born each year in the U.S. She also had multiple holes in her heart.
- The Lyons, who shared Laney’s story at the American Heart Association’s 2019 Hampton Roads Heart Ball, said they feel like the luckiest people in the world.