Sumary of American Association for Cancer Research announces president-elect:
- Coussens, PhD, FAACR, has been elected president-elect of American Association for Cancer Research for the 2021-2022 term..
- Science University, where she is a professor and chair of the cell, developmental and cancer biology departments, and the Hildegard Lamfrom endowed chair in basic science..
- “I look forward to leveraging the stage provided by the AACR to bolster the basic, translational and clinical cancer communities in our missions to further discoveries into the underpinnings of cancer, explore novel druggable targets, as well as uncover the rich genetic variation in diverse populations that predispose and protect from cancer.”.
- As a cancer biologist, Coussens has contributed to the understanding of innate immune cell functions in fostering neoplastic progression and suppressing T-cell functionality, according to the release..
- “Dr. Coussens is an extraordinary scientist whose pioneering research on the tumor microenvironment and chronic inflammation has had an incredible impact on the understanding and treatment of many different types of cancer,”.
- Nina Bhardwaj, MD, PhD, Ward Coleman chair in cancer research and professor of medicine in hematology and medical oncology at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, as well as director of immunotherapy, medical director of the vaccine and cell therapy laboratory and co-director of the cancer immunology program at Tisch Cancer Institute;.
- Luis Alberto Diaz Jr., MD, head of the division of solid tumor oncology, Grayer Family chair in medicine and director of the Precision Intervention and Prevention Program at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center;…