Sumary of Asda introduces major change to stores for customers wanting to buy beer – ‘be quick’:
- The food retailer is the latest to introduce a new concept in store to help shoppers be more environmentally friendly.
- Asda has partnered with craft beer specialists Craft on Draft to create its new refillable station.
- The aim is to use draft beer pumps to freshly pour Asda’s beer selection into refillable glass containers.
- In this way, both Asda and shoppers will be able to save on packaging, and the glass containers can be reused again and again.
- He said: “As part of our partnership strategy we want to bring new and exciting concepts into stores that have never before been seen by our customers – and Craft on Draft is a great example of this.
- “The Craft on Draft team’s expertise in the hospitality industry will bring a range of drinks to our store that are unlikely to be found elsewhere and that complement our strong existing beers, wines and spirits offer.
- “The refillable element of the trial gives customers the chance to pick up a new tipple and make a small change to help them shop more sustainably in our Milton Keynes store.