Sumary of Asian shares mostly higher after S&P record high:
- BANGKOK (AP) — Shares were mostly higher in Asia on Thursday after a mixed close on Wall Street, where gains for several Big Tech stocks nudged the S&P 500 to a second record high in three days..
- Tokyo Nikkei 225 index slipped 0.4% to 29,610.20 as a resurgence in coronavirus cases undermined confidence in a recovery from the pandemic..
- Tokyo reported 555 new coronavirus cases on Wednesday as the country confirmed 3,000 new cases, raising the possibility of renewed efforts to curb outbreaks..
- The broader market has been mostly subdued this week as investors remain cautiously optimistic about the economic recovery..
- Analysts expect the economy to recover this year, but they also anticipate the market remain choppy as investors shift money to companies and industries that stand to benefit as the pandemic eases..
- A sharp increase in bond yields since the beginning of the year reflects a growing concern among investors that inflation could return as economic growth heats up and the U.S..
- The stock indexes were little changed Wednesday following the release of minutes from the Federal Reserve latest meeting on interest rate policy….