Sumary of AstraZeneca vaccine: Blood clotting in younger people ‘not surprising’ says professor:
- There have been a handful of rare reports of blood clotting in younger people, particularly younger women under the age of 55, following the AstraZeneca jab..
- The vaccine is not associated with an increase in the overall risk of blood clots in those who receive it, however..
- “It would not be surprising from what we know about cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST) before Covid that it would be particularly younger people and particular younger women who would be more at risk than other age groups and genders within society.”.
- CVST occurs when a blood clot forms in the brain’s venous sinuses – the clot keeps blood from draining out of the brain..
- The MHRA has said it has received 22 reports of CVST and eight reports of “other thrombosis events with low platelets [the cells involved in clotting]”…