Sumary of Biden announces new goal: 70 percent of U.S. adults vaccinated by July 4:
- As he outlined new initiatives, including vaccinating adolescents and increasing the number of walk-up clinics, Biden also announced a new goal:.
- Tuesday address, in which Biden once again announced goals that had been met and exceeded, marked a subtle shift from earlier pandemic-related speeches..
- Information about nearby vaccination sites will now also be available by sending a text message to the number 438829, with the sender ZIP code included in the message..
- Biden also spoke of making inroads into rural areas and touted businesses that were offering discounts to people who showed proof of vaccination..
- Separately, the Biden administration told governors on Tuesday that it would change how it allocated vaccines to states..
- Millions more Americans could become eligible for a COVID-19 inoculation in a matter of days, if, as expected, the Food and Drug Administration allows the Pfizer vaccine to be administered to children between the ages of 12 and 15..
- All these measures are intended to help the nation meet the president July 4 goal, which appears to be more difficult than previous benchmarks, such as inoculating 100 million people within the first 100 days of the new administration….