Sumary of Biogen CEO says $56,000 annually for Alzheimer’s drug is ‘fair,’ promises not to hike price for at least 4 years:
- Biogen CEO Michel Vounatsos told CNBC on Monday that the list price of $56,000 per year for the company’s FDA-approved Alzheimer’s disease drug aducanumab is “fair.”.
- That being said, the Massachusetts-based biotech company has vowed to not increase the price of the medication, which is marketed under the name Aduhelm, for the next four years, Vounatsos said..
- and will also allow Biogen to further invest in its pipeline of medicines for other diseases, he said during an interview with CNBC’s “Power Lunch.”.
- He added the company is working closely with federal health insurance program Medicare as well as private insurers..
- Shares of Biogen surged as high as 60% on Monday after the Food and Drug Administration announced it had approved the company’s drug for the disease..
- Biogen said Monday that aducanumab’s list price is $56,000 per year, which was higher than the $10,000 to $25,000 price some analysts were expecting…