Sumary of Black Women Are Dying of COVID at Much Higher Rates Than White Men:
- THURSDAY, April 8, 2021 — COVID-19 death rates are significantly higher among Black American women than among white men, according to a new study, suggesting that race is a factor in survival differences between men and women..
- Researchers analyzed COVID death rates in Michigan and Georgia, the only states reporting data by age, race and sex..
- The analysis by Harvard’s GenderSci Lab found that COVID death rates among Black women are nearly four times higher than those for white men;.
- COVID death rates among Black men are far higher than for any other sex and racial group — including more than six times higher than for white men..
- The difference in death rates between Black women and white women is more than triple that between white men and white women, the study found..
- And the difference in death rates between Black men and Black women is larger than the disparity between white men and white women…