Sumary of California has America’s best COVID numbers. Michigan has the worst. Which way is the U.S. heading?:
- All three have at least partially vaccinated about a third of their residents, with California at 35 percent, Michigan at 31 percent and Florida at 31 percent, in line with the U.S..
- Visitors arrive at Six Flags Magic Mountain on its first day of reopening to members and pass holders in Valencia, Calif., on April 1..
- On Tuesday, Newsom announced that California — which has spent the last few months steadily advancing through a tiered reopening system while keeping its public mask mandate in effect — will “fully”.
- The percentage of residents currently hospitalized in Michigan is five times as high as in California and nearly twice as high as in Florida..
- Nursing student Michaela Dimello gives Burton resident John Ray his first dose of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine on March 29 at Bishop International Airport in Flint, Mich..
- Ron DeSantis rush to fully reopen indoor drinking and dining late last year — and the spring-break revelry it invited — as the cause of today rising case counts..
- Gretchen Whitmer is a Democrat who reopened indoor entertainment venues in December and indoor bars and restaurants in February — later than Florida..
- But they would also note that now, with pretty much every state approaching full reopening, the key variable is really how prevalent new, more contagious variants have become in particular jurisdictions….