Sumary of Canada to commit to sharing up to 100 million COVID-19 vaccine doses:
- Earlier in the day, a government official speaking on background floated the 100 million figure to the media contingent travelling with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to the G7 — his first foreign trip since the onset of the pandemic..
- Canada’s High Commissioner to the United Kingdom, former federal cabinet minister, Ralph Goodale speaks to the media in Cornwall, UK during the G7 Summit..
- Prime Minister Boris Johnson, who says he wants to see the globe fully vaccinated by the end of next year, said late Thursday Britain will donate 100 million doses by the end of the year..
- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson speaks with CBC chief political correspondent Rosemary Barton on May 28, 2021..
- (Mathieu Theriault/CBC) The British announcement followed a pledge earlier this week from the administration of U.S..
- For weeks, Johnson has been pushing G7 countries to set a goal of vaccinating the world by the end of 2022, rather than 2024 or 2025, which is the current goal of health officials..
- In a recent interview with the CBC’s chief political correspondent Rosemary Barton, Johnson said Prime Minister Trudeau and the leaders of France and Germany are keen on the idea and that he has high expectations for the summit….