Sumary of Canagliflozin improves HF symptoms: CHIEF-HF:
- LBS.05. Building on the Foundations of Treatment: Advances in Heart Failure Therapy.
- Presented at: American Heart Association Scientific Sessions;
- Disclosures: The CHIEF-HF trial was sponsored by Janssen Scientific Affairs.
- Spertus reports receiving grant support from Abbott Vascular, the American College of Cardiology Foundation, Janssen and Myokardia;
- Back to Healio The SGLT2 inhibitor canagliflozin improved HF symptoms within 3 months in patients with HF, regardless of ejection fraction or diabetes status, according to results of the fully remote CHIEF-HF trial.
- Lauer Endowed Chair in Metabolism and Vascular Disease Research at the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine, said during a press conference at the American Heart Association Scientific Sessions.
- Participants were able to complete the trial without a single face-to-face visit by utilizing the self-report Kansas City Cardiomyopathy Questionnaire (KCCQ) on their smartphone.
- Participating sites screened electronic medical records to identify patients with HF;