Sumary of Cardiovascular risk in PsA greater for new users of IL-12/23, IL-17 vs. TNF inhibitors:
- July 22, 2021 2 min read Source/Disclosures Published by: Disclosures: Vegas reports no relevant financial disclosures.
- ” To analyze the risk for major adverse cardiovascular events in patients with PsA using various classes of biologic DMARDs and apremilast (Otezla, Amgen), Vegas and colleagues conducted a nationwide cohort study based on health administrative data from the French National Health Insurance.
- According to the researchers, the national health insurance system covers approximately 67 million people in France and is linked with the national hospital discharge database.
- The primary endpoint was major adverse cardiovascular events, with the researchers using a time-to-event analysis with propensity score-weighted Cox and Fine-Gray models.
- Vegas and colleagues reported similar results in the Fine-Gray competing-risks survival model.