Sumary of CDC: Fully vaccinated people do not need masks outdoors, except in crowds:
- Fully vaccinated people do not need to wear masks outdoors “except in certain crowded settings and venues,”.
- “Over the past year, we have spent a lot of time telling Americans what they cannot do, what they should not do..
- New CDC guidance says fully vaccinated people do not need to wear masks when gathering outdoors or in small groups..
- The guidance says that fully vaccinated people — those who are at least 14 days past their final dose — can “participate in outdoor activities and recreation without a mask, except in certain crowded settings and venues”.
- This includes exercising alone or in small gatherings with vaccinated or unvaccinated people, or dining at outdoor restaurants with people from multiple households..
- The CDC also suggested that it is safe for unvaccinated people to participate is some activities outdoors without wearing a mask, such as exercising with members of their household or attending a small outdoor gathering with fully vaccinated and unvaccinated people..
- The CDC had already relaxed mask-related guidance for fully vaccinated people indoors, saying they could gather with other fully vaccinated people — or unvaccinated people from one household — without masks or distancing….