Sumary of Certain gut microbiota profile can predict mortality:
- The study conducted by the University of Turku and the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare together with an international research team is so far the largest population-level study in the world examining the connection between human gut microbiota and health and mortality in the following decades..
- The researchers had access to follow-up data on the subjects’ mortality until 2017, i.e., close to the present day..
- “Many bacterial strains that are known to be harmful were among the enterobacteria predicting mortality, and our lifestyle choices can have an impact on their amount in the gut..
- The data used in this research make it possible for the first time to study the long-term health impact of the human gut microbiota on a population level,”.
- The bacteria predicting a shorter lifespan were discovered when the researchers compared health records and billions of DNA strands retrieved from the research subjects’ microbiota….