Sumary of Clinical Researchers Plead Guilty in Connection With Scheme to Falsify Drug Trial Data:
- A Florida nurse practitioner and a Florida woman pleaded guilty today to their participation in a conspiracy to falsify clinical trial data..
- As part of their plea agreements, Navarro and Varona admitted that they agreed with one another and others to falsify data in medical records in connection with two clinical trials intended to evaluate a treatment for irritable bowel syndrome..
- Among other things, Navarro and Varona falsified data to make it appear as though subjects were participating in the trials when, in truth, they were not..
- “Compromised clinical trial data could impact the agency decisions about the safety and effectiveness of the drug under review..
- Martinez of the Southern District of Florida to conspiracy to defraud the United States and to commit an offense against the United States…