Sumary of Conmebol names a star after Maradona on the first anniversary of his death:
- Conmebol names a star after Maradona on the first anniversary of his death Friday, November 26th 2021 – 09:05 UTC Full article Ruggeri highlighted how fortunate Argentina had been that Maradona had been born there.
- South America’s Football Confederation (Conmebol) Thursday announced a star had been named after Argentine soccer legend Diego Armando Maradona on the first anniversary of the former player’s death.
- Conmebol released a video of its tribute to the footballer through its official Twitter account, during the afternoon of this November 25, 2021: From today, at RA coordinates: 12h 08m 21.5s DEC: -50 ° 50 ‘16.8, there will be a star full of goals and dribbles baptized with the name of’ Maradona.
- Argentine national teammates of Maradona’s 1986 squad which won the 1986 World Cup in Mexico were summoned to Conmebol’s broadcast through its social media channels.
- Nery Pumpido, Ricardo Giusti, Oscar Ruggeri, Checho Batista and Jorge Burruchaga recalled what it meant to them to have been a part of that roster.
- Diego was from another planet, said Burruchaga, who scored the winning goal in the final against Germany after a great pass from Maradona.
- He got all of us used to his dribbling past all his illnesses, all his episodes and for us, this was just one more [of those events] Diego was going to dribble through.