Sumary of COVID-19 Updates: Moderna Asks FDA to Allow Vaccine to Be Given to Children Over 12:
- Globally, there have been more than 174.5 million confirmed COVID-19 cases and 3.7 million associated deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University..
- Officials at Moderna are asking the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to give emergency use authorization to their COVID-19 vaccine in people over the age of 12..
- “We are pleased to announce that we have submitted for an emergency use authorization for our COVID-19 vaccine with the FDA for use in adolescents in the United States,”.
- “We are encouraged that the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine was highly effective at preventing COVID-19 and SARS-CoV-2 infection in adolescents.”.
- Currently, the only COVID-19 vaccine available to children between the ages of 12 and 16 is the one made by Pfizer-BioNTech..
- Although there is an ongoing decline in COVID-19 cases in the United States, the surgeon general warns those still unvaccinated to not let their guard down, reported CNN..
- “The news about the Delta variant is evidence of really why it so important for us to get vaccinated as soon as possible,”.
- According to CNN, many health experts and officials share concerns over the risk of variants bringing an end to a nationwide reopening….