Sumary of COVID Vaccines Appear Safe for People With IBD:
- THURSDAY, June 10, 2021 — The Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines appear to be safe for people with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD), a new study finds..
- IBDs — which includes Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis — are chronic conditions caused by an overreactive intestinal immune system, resulting in chronic diarrhea and other digestive symptoms..
- As in the general population, the most common side effects of the two COVID-19 vaccines in IBD patients included:.
- Just a few of the IBD patients reported severe side effects — most commonly fatigue, fever and headache — and only two reported severe gastrointestinal symptoms..
- The study shows that “if you have IBD, the side effects you’re likely to experience after a vaccine are no different than they would be for anyone else,”…