Sumary of Details of vaccine passport trial revealed amid plan to get Sydneysiders back into pubs:
- Customer Service Minister Victor Dominello said the rollout relied on the availability of federal data but once NSW had that information, the trial could start early next month.
- ”The passport would be available inside the Service NSW app, and Mr Dominello said it was essential authorities made it simple to access.
- Camera IconNSW Customer Service Minister Victor Dominello explained some details about the vaccine passport.
- NCA NewsWire/Joel Carrett Credit: News Corp Australia“Imagine if you’re 18 or 19 and you go a pub and you need to show your ID, and then you have to check-in, and then you have to show them your vaccine certificate, by the time you actually get your first beer you’ve been waiting 20 minutes.
- ”He said the idea would be for people to get their vaccine certificate from the federal government and pull it across to the Service NSW app.
- NCA NewsWire / Flavio Brancaleone Credit: News Corp AustraliaIt’s understood the trial will take place in a part of Sydney with low virus case numbers and a high vaccination rate, which at this stage is much of the northern beaches.
- Australian Hotels Association NSW director John Green said it made sense for the trial to be in an area that was “manageable”.
- We’ve previously worked with Service NSW n terms of checking the QR codes but also digital drivers licences,” he said.