Sumary of Diabetes: The nutrient-dense superfood that lowers blood sugar levels by 39% – study:
- The result of this is chronically high blood sugar levels which give way to a host of coronary diseases.
- One seed, which can easily be added to meals, may stave off the condition by drastically reducing blood sugar levels.
- Chia seeds boast wide-ranging qualities, some of them unique.
- “The small, black seeds are among the richest plant sources of the omega-3 fatty acid known as alpha-linolenic acid (ALA),” explains Harvard Health.
- But these qualities have proven significantly beneficial for blood sugar control.
- “Blood glucose samples and satiety ratings were collected at fasting and over two hours post-prandially,” noted the authors.
- “Both seeds appear to differentially alter carbohydrate metabolism and satiety.
- ”DON’T MISS:Findings revealed chia seeds demonstrated stronger effects, reducing blood glucose by 39 percent, which was significantly greater than those seen with flax.