Sumary of Diabetes type 2 symptoms: The ‘first sign’ of high blood sugar could be on the skin:
- People who have high blood sugar levels tend to be more prone to bacterial infections, fungal infections, and itchy skin, said the American Diabetes Association.
- Moreover, there are certain conditions exclusive to diabetes.
- DON’T MISS: While considered a “harmless” skin condition, high blood sugar in itself can be a very dangerous health condition.
- This is why it’s crucial to gain a diagnosis as soon as possible, and to bring down high blood sugar levels.
- “Another disease that may be caused by changes in the blood vessels is necrobiosis lipoidica diabeticorum (NLD),” the organisation added.
- The blood vessels may become easier to see under the skin, and NLD can become itchy and painful;
- How to bring down high blood sugar levelsThe global diabetes community pointed out other warning signs of high blood sugar, such as:Feeling very thirstyNeeding to go to the toilet oftenHaving a dry mouthFeeling tired/lethargicFeeling uncomfortable and irritable.