Sumary of Elevated baseline cardiac troponin T confers worse outcomes in VICTORIA population:
- Elevated baseline high-sensitivity cardiac troponin T was associated with CV death and HF hospitalization in patients from the VICTORIA trial, according to a presentation at the American College of Cardiology Scientific Session..
- The researchers analyzed whether baseline cardiac troponin T was associated with the VICTORIA trial primary endpoint of CV death or HF hospitalization and its components..
- They also analyzed whether there were differences by troponin level in the treatment effect from vericiguat (Verquvo, Merck)..
- Adobe Stock Among the 4,614 patients from VICTORIA for whom baseline cardiac troponin T levels were available, median cardiac troponin T was 30 ng/L (interquartile range, 19-49)..
- As baseline cardiac troponin T rose, there was greater risk for the primary outcome (HR per 1 standard deviation [SD] = 1.21;.
- 95% CI, 1.13-1.29), even accounting for the optimized VICTORIA risk model including N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide, according to the researchers..
- “Measuring cardiac troponin T at baseline improved risk stratification even when including a comprehensive model of clinical covariates and NT-proBNP level..
- Baseline cardiac troponin T was significantly associated with cardiovascular death and heart failure hospitalization in VICTORIA,”…