Sumary of Essential Metals And Their Roles In Human Health:
- Sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium that constitute about 1.89 per cent of the total elements, while the rest 0.02 per cent is made up of 11 trace elements..
-  Though trace metals are present in very small amounts, they have tremendous roles in maintaining the functions of our body..
- They help control important biological functions like the formation of DNA, metabolic functions and release of certain hormones..
- It is also required for the growth, development, synthesis of hormones, development of connective tissues and normal cellular functioning..
- The recommended daily amount (RDA) for iron in normal healthy adults is 8 mg/day for men and post-menopausal women, and 18 mg/day for menstruating women..
- Copper also helps increase the number of white blood cells, promote muscle strength, maintain the functioning of the nerves and boost gastrointestinal health..
- Calcium Calcium is primarily important for bone health, along with lowering blood pressure, lowering cholesterol levels, reducing hypertensive disorders of pregnancy and preventing colorectal diseases..
- Sodium Sodium helps maintain the normal cellular homeostasis and regulation of fluid and electrolytes in the body….