Sumary of Evaluating Adherence of PrEP Therapies:
- Investigators at Howard Brown Health in Chicago wanted to study real-world use patterns and HIV seroconversion for F/TAF and F/TDF.
- Laura Rusie, ScM Director of Data, Evaluation, and Epidemiology, Howard Brown Health led the study and presented the oral abstract, Comparing Adherence to HIV PrEP Among New, Male PrEP Users Initiating F/TAF vs.
- F/TDF, at the 11th International AIDS Society Conference on HIV Science.
- “Because of the fairly recent approval of F/TAF, there is a need for real-world contemporaneous data comparing outcomes among users using these two different regimens,” Rusie said in her presentation.
- “This work aims to be among the first to use real-world claims data to analyze two outcomes: adherence and HIV seroconversions for each regimen.