Sumary of Even The Vaccinated Need To Mask Up, Urges Former U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams:
- Evan Vucci/AP hide caption toggle caption Evan Vucci/AP Dr. Jerome Adams, then the U.S. surgeon general, talks to reporters at the White House in December.
- Evan Vucci/AP Dr. Jerome Adams, the former U.S. surgeon general, says the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention needs to change guidance on masking requirements again in light of new virus outbreaks and the more contagious delta variant.
- ” The highly contagious delta variant — which is more than 200% more transmissible than the original coronavirus — is pushing cases up in the United States.
- Recently, new virus spikes led Los Angeles County to restore its indoor mask mandate, even for those who are vaccinated.
- I absolutely think that the CDC needs to come out and say to people, “Look, this virus is changing rapidly.
- So even the vaccinated now could be spreading – much less spread relative to being unvaccinated but that’s being counteracted by delta being so much more contagious.
- I’m worried the CDC also made a similarly premature, misinterpreted, yet still harmful call on masking in the face of ⬆️ delta variant.
- The messaging that Tony Fauci and I had last year on masking – one of the things is this virus has humbled us.