Sumary of Evidence-Based Health Benefits Of Potato Peel Or Skin:
-  This leads to the formation of alkaloid solanine that gives a potato a bitter taste and when consumed in larger amounts, can be toxic and may cause many gastrointestinal issues.
- Also, sporting potatoes contains a large amount of solanine that cannot be destroyed by boiling but can be with frying.
- Also, if the green potato skin tastes bitter even after frying, it is good to discard it right away.
- People With These Medical Conditions Should Avoid Eating Papaya Select potato peels that look fresh and has no green patches.
- It is suggested to store potatoes away from sunlight and with proper ventilation.
- Health Benefits Of Potato Peel 1. Good for heart health According to a study, the peel of potato has potent radical scavenging or antioxidant activity due to the presence of two dominant phenolic compounds chlorogenic and gallic acids.
- Potato peels also contain a significant amount of potassium, which is a good element in regulating the blood pressure in the body.
-  2. Has antibacterial and antifungal properties Potato peel has strong antimicrobial compounds against a range of bacterial and fungal infections.