Sumary of Exposure, visualization challenges of direct anterior THA linked with femoral perforations:
- November 15, 2021 1 min read Source/Disclosures Published by: Source: Kinney MC, et al.
- receiving research support from Inova Health Care Services and receiving IP royalties from and being a paid consultant for Total Joint Orthopedics.
- Hamilton Hamilton and colleagues studied the complication of femoral perforation that occurred relative to implantation of the same design DePuy Synthes hip stems in 3,973 cases of anterior primary THA performed between 2009 and 2021. In all, the chart review showed there were 16 femoral perforations in men and women.
- If you’re a right-handed surgeon, the right hip is more difficult to broach,” Hamilton, an Orthopedics Today Editorial Board Member, said.
- Hamilton said in some of these cases he changed from a flat tapered wedge to a longer dual-tapered design stem with or without adding a cable.