Sumary of Ganesh Chaturthi 2021: Foods to eat and avoid to stay healthy this festive season:
- Festivals are the time when people consume special foods which they normally wouldn’t.
- As we celebrate Ganesh Chaturthi, some people may think it is all right to indulge in different kinds of sweets and call it ‘cheat-day’.
- Minal Shah, a senior nutrition therapist at Fortis Hospital, Mulund lists various food items which must be had and those that must be avoided during this Ganesh Chaturthi.
- * Thalipeeth is also a nutritious festive special made with multi-grains like chana dal, urad dal, rice and wheat flour, topped with some ghee or butter or curd.
- During the festive season, some people fast till the puja and then have a light dinner, comprising soup, sprouts, and salads to balance the day.
- Avoid – Ganesh Chaturthi is a festival of desserts offered as ‘prasad’.
- It is crucial to avoid binging, especially if they are ready-made sweets.
- Avoid oily foods like sabudana vada, especially if you are fasting.