Sumary of Gap announces plans to close UK stores – 19 shops affected:
- “One of the options being explored is the possible closure of our company-operated Gap stores in the United Kingdom, France, Ireland and Italy at the end of the second quarter in 2021.”.
- At its height, the retailer was one of the most recognised clothing brands in the world, with stores across the world..
- However, a shift in consumer behaviour as well as stores being closed for several months at a time mean many retailers have had to close down..
- Debenhams announced in May that it would be closing its remaining 15 stores, closing the door on more than 200 years of trade on UK high streets..
- In February, Topshop and three other Arcadia brands permanently closed their doors as Asos confirmed it would takeover the brands, At the time, Asos chief executive Nick Neighton said:.
- Chocolatier Thorntons also closed all of its UK stores and John Lewis has also taken a hit, with the retailer closing down multiple stores…