Sumary of Ghana: U.S. Partners With Ghana to Strengthen Public Health Emergency Communication:
- Agency for International Development (USAID), together with the government of Ghana launched the National Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for Risk Communication and Social Mobilization during Public Health Emergencies and a message guide during the annual International One Health Day event..
- One Health brings together government and donor partners across various sectors to focus on the interconnection between people, animals, plants, and their shared environment and to address the threat of zoonotic diseases, or diseases which are transmitted from animals to humans..
- The SOP outlines the coordination structures and reporting chain of command for public health emergencies from the national, regional, district, and sub-district levels..
- The message guide provides guidance for accurate and timely messaging and social and behavior change communication for Ghana’s six priority zoonotic diseases and other public health threats..
- government has supported Ghana to increase the capacity of Ghanaian institutions and partners to address high-risk behaviors associated with the six priority zoonotic diseases and other emerging threats, in accordance with the WHO’s International Health Regulations core capacity of risk communication…