Sumary of GPs refusing COVID vaccine out of ‘fear’:
- Australian doctors have raised concerns about the possible legal implications if a patient falls ill from the AstraZeneca vaccine, with some GPs refusing to administer the jab to people under 50 even if requested..
- Last week the COVID-19 vaccine rollout was thrown into chaos when health regulators recommended the AstraZeneca vaccine not be given to people under 50 due to blood clot risks..
- and that person has “made an informed decision based on an understanding of the risks and benefits”, according to advice from the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI)..
- Dr Price said Medical Defence Organisations (MDOs) have clearly stated that GPs are covered in the case of legal proceedings, however many doctors are “wanting more clarification from the government”..
- Dr Price comments follow a report in The Sydney Morning Herald on Sunday which claimed many GPs are refusing to offer the AstraZeneca vaccine to people under 50 until the government clarifies the legal liability if patients have a serious adverse reaction…