Sumary of ‘Help us manage’: Sainsbury’s urges customers to shop ‘one adult per household’:
- Sainsbury’s has regularly updated shoppers throughout the pandemic with how the supermarket is keeping its staff and customers safe.
- On Monday, wearing a face covering in England became a personal choice but the supermarket giant encourages customers to continue wearing one.
- ”The supermarket giant also continues to have socially distanced queues outside where needed.
- Simon Roberts, Sainsbury’s Chief Executive, said: “As we respond to the recent change in Government guidance, we know that safety is still top of mind for many of our colleagues and customers.
- Rival supermarket Tesco has said it is continuing its “quieter” shopping hour for its elderly and vulnerable customers.
- While this time is said to vary from store-to-store, a huge majority of the priority shopping hours take place on a Wednesday between 9am and 10am.
- The retailer also urges customers to continue to wear a face mask if they can.