Sumary of High blood pressure: The purple drink shown to lower hypertension ‘six hours’ after intake:
- High blood pressure is the result of arteries narrowing – a process that’s caused by poor lifestyle decisions.
- This causes the heart to have to work harder to pump blood around the body, thereby raising your blood pressure.
- While this may seem harmless, consistently high blood pressure hikes your risk of heart disease.
- Volunteers had blood pressure measured at the beginning of the study and at least hourly for 24 hours following juice consumption using an ambulatory blood pressure monitor (ABPM).
- The more salt you eat, the higher your blood pressure,” warns the NHS.According to the NHS, you should aim to eat less than 6g (0.2oz) of salt a day, which is about a teaspoonful.