Sumary of How to live longer: How many steps you should do a day to boost longevity – optimal amount:
- The low-intensity exercise can build stamina, burn excess calories and make your heart healthier, notes the NHS..
- Findings published in the Journal of the American Medical Association suggests it is not the intensity but the number of steps taken each day that provides the most benefits..
- said Pedro Saint-Maurice, Ph.D., of NCI’s Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, first author of the study..
- cancer mortality by 20 percent The researchers calculated associations between mortality and step number and intensity after adjustment for demographic and behavioural risk factors, body mass index, and health status at the start of the study..
- In contrast, the authors saw no association between step intensity and risk of death after accounting for the total number of steps taken per day…