Sumary of How to zap acne and achieve glowing skin with a fast-acting, powerful glycolic acid peel:
- A glycolic acid peel exfoliates facial skin to help treat acne, dark spots, and more.
- Glycolic acid is a type of alpha-hydroxy acid that removes dead cells on the surface of the skin.
- A peel from a dermatologist costs about $300, but you can also get store-bought glycolic acid.
- If you’re longing for healthy-looking, glowing skin, a glycolic acid peel may be a good option.
- Or if you’re hoping to improve your acne, fine lines, or hyperpigmentation, glycolic acid peels can help with that, as well.
- A glycolic acid peel typically yields greater, faster results than store-bought products because these peels contain a higher concentration of glycolic acid.
- The high amount of glycolic acid in these chemical peels is also why you can’t do them at home — you must schedule one with a dermatologist.
- A glycolic acid peel exfoliates the outermost layer of the skin, removing dead skin cells from the surface of your face.