Sumary of Indian states told to improve second dose COVID-19 vaccination coverage among essential workers:
- India Health Ministry has recommended that states improve second dose coverage of COVID-19 vaccinations among health care personnel and frontline workers..
- In a meeting on Thursday, Union Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan emphasized lagging coverage among the group, allegedly calling it a “cause of serious concern,”.
- One outlet reported an 82% national average in first dose administration among health care workers, while second dose administration fell to 56%..
- Meanwhile, first dose coverage for frontline workers was pinned at 85%, with second dose coverage falling to 47%..
- The so-called Delta variant, also known as B.1.617.2, is believed to spread more readily than the original strain, and could pose a greater hospitalization risk, Dr. Anthony Fauci, President Biden chief medical adviser, said during a White House briefing earlier this week..
- Preliminary findings from Public Health England indicated that two weeks post-second dose of Pfizer vaccine, there was an 88% effectiveness against the Delta variant….