Sumary of Jason Derulo’s viral videos of melted, gooey food mixed together attract people with ‘sploshing’ fetishes, experts say:
- Messy cooking hack videos are trending this year, and Jason Derulo is one of the top creators.
- Commenters have said the content is kinky, and sex experts agree the videos appeal to people with sploshing fetishes.
- Jason Derulo has made something of a name for himself on TikTok and Instagram with his “millimeal” videos, extreme recipes that involve mixing together many ingredients in gooey fashion.
- And according to sexologists, his videos are classic examples of “sploshing,” a sexual food kink that is sated by the current social media trend of messy food videos.
- “Unwittingly or not, experts say, he – along with millions of other creators making messy food videos – is catering to a food kink that falls under the umbrella of fetishes known as “WAM,” or “wet and messy.
- “”Most of Jason’s videos are of him cooking with sometimes messy food, which does fall into this kink because of the visual appeal to some people,” Dr. Kristie Overstreet, a sexologist, told Insider.
- Derulo is one of the most prominent celebrities partaking in the new trend of creators posting videos of themselves spreading sauces with their hands, and mixing up ingredients that don’t seem to belong together.
- The videos often going viral, and often have people in the comments noting that it’s a kink.