Sumary of Jim’s Mowing franchisee has small win in lockdown battle with Vic government:
- Jim Mowing has won a bid to have its legal challenge to Victoria lockdown heard separately to six other businesses..
- Jim Mowing founder Jim Penman is bankrolling his franchisee Steve Thompson in a compensation claim against the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) after losing more than $24,000 during last year lockdown..
- DHHS barrister Phoebe Knowles argued the seven cases should be heard jointly on that threshold question, as they would cover the same or similar grounds..
- However, Ben Petrie, for Jim Mowing franchisee Steve Thompson, objected to having the seven cases heard together, arguing there was no guarantee it would save the tribunal or the parties time or money..
- Camera IconJim’s Mowing franchisee Steve Thompson is fighting the government at VCAT over last year's Covid-19 lockdown….