Sumary of Kenya: Puzzle of Missing Sh1.2bn in Budget for New Health Workers:
- Treasury yesterday allocated Sh1.2 billion for the recruitment of health workers in the financial year starting July as the number of Covid-19 infection continues to rise..
- The analysis by the National Assembly also reveals that a total of 650 Covid-19 ‘specialists’ will be engaged, with 28 hospitals supplied with equipment..
- “A total of Sh3.9 Billion has been provided in the proposed 2021/22 financial year under the GOK/Gavi partnership through the Covid-19 vaccine global Access (Covax) with Sh3.9 billion provided in the proposed 2021/22,”.
- Sign up for free AllAfrica Newsletters Dr Simon Kigondu, the secretary-general of the Kenya Medical Association (KMA) said the Covid-19 pandemic has shown that having a strong health workforce is key to supporting communities through any health emergency..
- The Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council data shows that there are about 14,973 local practitioners and another 1,023 registered foreign doctors…