Sumary of Let’s cure MND: JRR Tolkien’s great-grandson in plea after brother’s death:
- We were told there was no medical help and no potential research on the horizon that could help him in any way.
- ” Royd is backing a Sunday Express campaign calling for £50million of Government funding over five years for an MND Research Institute to co-ordinate research to find a cure for the rapidly progressing disease.
- ”Amazon snapped up the international book rights and There’s A Hole In My Bucket: A Journey Of Two Brothers has become a global bestseller since its publication last month.
- Lord Of The Rings film director Peter Jackson and one of the stars of the fantasy trilogy Sir Ian McKellen, who played Gandalf, have played a part in Royd completing his bucket list.
- ” Peter, the director of the blockbuster Tolkien movies, sent Sir Ian’s costume from the movie for me to wear on one of the bucket list tasks – I had to dress up as Gandalf on an Air New Zealand flight and welcome a plane load of guests.
- “And I love the idea of the bucket list concept being expanded nationally.
- ”—————–‘We must bring experts together and beat this’BY JON COATESA national research institute is needed to bring together world-leading experts and accelerate their efforts to find a cure for motor neurone disease.
- Prof Ammar Al-Chalabi believes it will take a coordinated push to take research to the next level but said UK neurologists are in touching distance of breakthroughs to make MND a condition patients can live with.