Sumary of Liberia: First Lady Clar Weah Launches Menstrual Personal Hygiene Initiative to Support Adolescent Girls Combat Stigma, Negative Vices:
- Monrovia — First lady Clar Duncan Weah was on Wednesday joined by her husband, President George Weah and top government officials to launch her ‘She’s You Personal Hygiene Initiative’ in support of women and adolescent girls..
- “It is also about ensuring that women and girls live in an environment that values and supports their ability to manage their menstruation with dignity..
- She added “That is why we believe that menstrual hygiene is vital to the empowerment and well-being of women and girls worldwide..
- In fact, in many quarters and corners of our Liberian society, speaking of menstruation is a taboo, a forbidden conversation, which leads to the detriment of many young girls..
- Kemayah pledge US$25,000 to the initiative, while the heads of Government’s agencies, represented by Maritime Commissioner Lenn Eugene Nagbe, pledge US$50,000..
- Meanwhile, several hundred high school female students from across Montserrado County and its environs formed part of the event….