Sumary of Licence applications for cannabis exports opened by Isle of Man Government:
- © iStock-NatanaelGinting The Isle of Man Government has now opened licence applications for the production, distribution, and export of medical cannabis from the Island, expecting the sector to be a key contributor to the Island post-COVID economic recovery..
- The Isle of Man has confirmed the opening of medical cannabis licensing applications after completing guidance to support the Gambling Supervision Commission (GSC) regulatory framework..
- The Island aims to be a world-leading exporter of medical cannabis, providing significant economic investment and development for the Island, creating 250 new jobs and £3m in annual benefit..
- “The Isle of Man Government has every confidence that the GSC will provide a world-class regulatory structure required to regulate this new and complex industry..
- I am delighted to welcome licence applications and look forward to attracting quality businesses to the Island, transforming the cannabis export sector into a key contributor to the Isle of Man post-COVID economic recovery.”.
- “As regulators, we aspire to put our regulatory umbrella above as many consumers as possible so that they can benefit from regulations that are well thought out and properly supervised..
- Years of prohibition mean that the markets in which our licensees will be participating are still in their infancy and still contain many uncertainties…