Sumary of Millions of JJ Covid vaccine doses to expire soon in US:
- While many countries are yet to receive even one dose of Covid vaccines, many US states are seeing unused Johnson &.
- Johnson vaccine may be wasted in Arkansas, and in West Virginia 20,000 to 25,000 doses are nearing their expiration date..
- Johnson is a problem in every state, which received more than 10 million doses of the vaccine but were not administered, according to data collected by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention..
- According to state officials, uptake for the one-dose shot was dampened after the 11-day pause of the vaccine in early April by the US Food and Drug Administration over safety concerns..
- Johnson vaccine doses, which are coveted in the developing world, could go to waste without a national plan, Marcus Plescia, medical director of the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials, the NBC news reported..
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s vaccine data tracker indicates that 21.4 million doses of the Johnson &.
- Johnson vaccine have been distributed and that a little more than half have been administered, or 11.1 million, the report noted..
- It urged the G7 leaders — the UK, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan and the US — to commit to sharing a minimum of 20 per cent of Covid-19 vaccine dose supply between June and August, which would provide more than 150 million doses to COVAX…