Sumary of Moderna COVID Vaccine Offers Protection for at Least 6 Months: Study:
- TUESDAY, April 6, 2021 — There’s good news for the millions of Americans who’ve already received a dose or two of Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine:.
- Six months after having received their second vaccine dose, “antibody activity remained high in all age groups,”.
- Trial results released April 1 by the companies found that their vaccine remains more than 91% effective six months after people get their second dose..
- The study found that while everyone maintained high levels of infection-fighting immune system antibodies in blood samples, levels did seem to fall according to the increasing age of participants..
- For example, while levels (“titers”) of antibodies averaged over 92,000 in vaccinated people aged 18 to 55 at six months after full immunization, they dropped to an average of about 62,000 in people aged 56 to 70, and to just over 49,000 in people aged 71 and older..
- Dr. Amesh Adalja is an expert in virology and senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, in Baltimore…