Sumary of More younger people hospitalized with virus in Nebraska:
- (AP) — A growing number of younger people are being hospitalized with the coronavirus in Nebraska as more contagious variants of the virus spread in the state..
- Nebraska health officials said the average age of people hospitalized with the virus declined to 51 in March from 61 in January..
- Officials said the age is also shifting lower because a significant number of older people in the state have been vaccinated..
- The seven-day rolling average of daily new cases in Nebraska nearly doubled over the past two weeks, going from 246.43 new cases per day on March 23 to 491.29 new cases per day on Tuesday..
- Officials said Wednesday that Creighton University and CHI Health have begun testing more positive cases of the virus to determine if they were caused by variants..
- That testing will supplement similar work that was already being done at the Nebraska Public Health Laboratory and give the state a more complete picture of which variants are causing most of the infections…