Sumary of Namibia: Alleged Covid-19 Test Tamperer to Apply for Bail:
- An employee of the Namibia Institute of Pathology (NIP) who allegedly falsely pretended that Covid samples were genuinely tested and resulted in negative outcomes, thereby pocketing N$54 230, made a first appearance before Windhoek magistrate Linus Samunzala yesterday..
- Her lawyer, Nambili Mhata, however, indicated to the magistrate that his client would plead not guilty to the charges..
- Public prosecutor Sylvia Kauluma strenuously objected to bail, submitting that the offences committed are very serious, and that Nuunyango abused her position of trust at the NIP..
- Sign up for free AllAfrica Newsletters Kauluma further argued that there is an outcry on the devastating effects of Covid-19, and the accused’s actions endangered the lives of countless persons..
- According to Kauluma, the State is in the process of tracing the 53 persons who were issued with the false results….