Sumary of Namibia: War Veterans Accused of Breaking Covid Rules:
- A GROUP of former People’s Liberation Army of Namibia [Plan] fighters was allowed by the police and ministry of health to hold their reunion at Ondeshifiilwa village north west of Oshakati in Ohangwena region..
- Ohangwena police spokesperson sergeant Andrew Nghiyolwa said the police had granted permission for the ex-combatants to come together, but the ministry of health was responsible for ensuring that Covid-19 protocols were adhered to..
- Former presidential pilot Natangwe Kashihakumwa, who was the programme director, also denied they violated Covid-19 regulations..
- Sign up for free AllAfrica Newsletters “I was briefed by Ohangwena head of operations on how we should behave..
- Ohangwena regional director John Hango said it was not the responsibility of the ministry of health to see whether the regulations were followed or not but that of the police….