Sumary of NCCN experts provide new guidance on COVID-19 vaccines for cancer patients:
- The National Comprehensive Cancer Network® (NCCN®) today announced the publication of new guidance on COVID-19 vaccines for people with cancer, intended to clear up confusion for patients and caregivers..
- We’re happy to provide plainspoken answers for people with cancer and their loved ones that directly address concerns about the COVID-19 vaccines..
- We know people with cancer are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19, and also that vaccination is a safe way to reduce infection..
- One of NCCN’s biggest strengths is our ability to quickly bring together leading national experts in order to share their collective knowledge and insights on the evidence in straightforward, non-medical language.”.
- The importance, effectiveness, and safety of COVID-19 vaccinations in people with cancer and their caregivers, households, and close contacts;.
- An explanation of which specific types of cancer treatments should appropriately result in a slight delay before vaccination;.
- “We want to reinforce that the decision to get vaccinated against COVID-19 should be something that isn’t scary or confusing for people with cancer,”.
- said Brahm Segal, MD, Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, Co-Leader of the NCCN COVID-19 Vaccine Advisory Committee….